Subject: wrapper-20040821 snapshot released
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/22/2004 09:23:06
I've uploaded a new snapshot of my wrapper script work at:

	http://www.NetBSD.org/~jlam/wrapper-20040821.tgz

To use it, extract it into a clean pkgsrc/mk, then patch the pkgsrc/mk
files with wrapper.diff, e.g.:

	cd /usr/pkgsrc/mk
	ftp http://www.NetBSD.org/~jlam/wrapper-20040821.tgz
	tar zxvf wrapper-20040818.tgz
	patch < wrapper.diff

Please test and let me know how it works.  Thanks!

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>

20040821
========
* Only move the -l options to the end of the command line, leaving the
  -L options in-place.

20040820
========
* Move the code that checks for absolute rpaths from the buildlink3
  code into wrapper/arg-source.  Remove the same from bsd.buildlink3.mk
  and gen-transform.sh.

* Move the code that converts full paths to shared libraries into the
  "-Ldir -llib" equivalents from the buildlink3 code into wrapper/logic.
  Remove the same from bsd.buildlink3.mk and gen-transform.sh.

* Add more debugging code.

20040819
========
* Move the inclusion of $cmd_sink outside of the main loop in wrapper.sh
  so that the $cmd_sink script can be used to globally scan and process
  the arguments.  Move the LD_RUN_PATH code to a cmd-sink-unixware-gcc
  script.  Garbage-collect the now unused export_vars-related code.

* Add cmd-sink-aix-xlc for AIX xlc that munges -Wl,-R* into an
  appropriate -blibpath option.

* Add cmd-sink-interix-gcc and cmd-sink-interix-ld that errors out
  when it sees -fpic/-fPIC and -shared/-Bshareable, respectively
  (requested by <tv>).

* Add more debugging code.