Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/generate
To: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/22/2004 03:30:56
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 17:13:03 +1000
grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 11:04:44AM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
>
> > This didn't seem to work so I did it three times before I noticed
> > that there was a CVS update each time.  Shouldn't the import
> > function create the CVS directories?  Here is my import command:
> >
> > cvs -q -d cvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot import pkgsrc/devel/generate TNF \
> >   pkgsrc-basecvs commit
>
> according to http://www.netbsd.org/developers/pkgsrc/#import
>
> 	cvs import pkgsrc/category/pkg TNF pkgsrc-base
>
> is the command you want - ie. there is no "commit" needed for an
> import.

Sorry, cut and paste error.  The command I used was;

cvs -q -d cvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot import pkgsrc/devel/generate TNF \
   pkgsrc-basecvs

I got it from that page in the first place.  I did work it out and, in
fact, recall having to do the same thing last time I imported a package.
 What I had to do after the import is remove the directory and then cvs
update to restore it from the repository.  So, the import command
imports it into the repository but does not set up the local copy.

If this is correct I can update the document but it feels klugish to me.
 Is this correct?  I guess the correct way is to import from outside the
CVS repository but I tend to build these packages in the repository so
that I can do complete testing.

What is the correct method?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>