Subject: libgcrypt trouble on solaris
To: None <>
From: Robert Lillack <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/19/2004 22:52:12

here's a little problem I had with libgcrypt on SOLARIS. If
anyone understands what's going on, maybe he/she can fix the

In libgcrypt's longlong.h an inline asm macro called 'udiv_qrnnd'
(which calls '__udiv_qrnnd') gets defined if LONGLONG_STANDALONE
is *not* set. I cannot find the __udiv_qrnnd symbol anywhere on
this machine (SunOS 5.9 sun4u, gcc3-c-3.3.3) but has
a reference to it and so no program using libgcrypt will compile.

Since I couldn't find any programs which need udiv_qrnnd I just
removed the definition in longlong.h and everything is fine.
(libgcrypt's tests run, other programs depending on libgcrypt
work) -- Guess how long it took me to figure that one out ;-/

  +- Robert Lillack ------------------ -+
 /  Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences  /
+- Leipzig, Germany ----------- phone: +49-341-9959-693 -+