Subject: pkgsrc equivalent to freebsds 'portupgrade'?
To: NetBSD Packages <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/19/2004 10:03:33
I tried out freebsd again for the first time in a couple of years, and was
really impressed by their pkgtools libraries.

Do we have anything similar (i.e. that can upgrade db4 for example and rebuild
subversion and openldap without grumbling)?

I tend to do a pkg_delete -f, but this tends to break the dependencies altogether,
which means the next time I 'pkg_delete db4' I get no warning that this will break
anything... the only other option is to rebuild everything manually that depends on
db4....

--
We can defeat gravity.  The problem is the paperwork involved.