Subject: firefox and flash
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/16/2004 16:57:22
Hello All,

I'm a little confused as to how the firefox packages are supposed to
work with plugins (particularly flash).

The "firefox" package downloads the source and builds the app in the
native environment. On NetBSD, it seems this means no flash plugin (I
think).

The "firefox-bin" package, I used to think, was a Linux binary that
would run in NetBSD. That would also allow us to use the
"firefox-bin-flash" package for flash content.

But it seems that "firefox-bin" grabs a binary NetBSD package instead.
Again - no flash.

How does one get a firefox (or Mozilla for that matter) to work with Flash?

Louis