Subject: Re: New USE_LIBTOOL feature: OS testers needed
To: Love <lha@stacken.kth.se>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/16/2004 10:55:56
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Love wrote:

> > I was following the model used by most partially dynamic PLIST generation,
> > which typically keeps data in Makefile only.  (Related to that, to me it
> > seemed more error-prone to mention the .la in both Makefile *and* PLIST.)
>
> Will print-PLIST deal with this ?

The changes do deal with it, yes; if LIBTOOL_LA_FILES contains a .la, its
entries are excluded from the output PLIST template.

> Shouldn't just the logic do the magic all .la files in the PLIST (unless
> excluded) ?

It's quite a bit more bizarre to try doing this because of the way final
PLISTs are created, but I've been looking at this as a possibility.  "Stay
tuned."

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>