Subject: libnbcompat-20040814 needs testing
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/15/2004 21:00:17
I've updated pkgtools/libnbcompat to 20040814.  Changes from version
20040813 include:

    * Adding a regex(3) implementation for those platforms that don't
      have one, e.g. IRIX 5.3.

    * Allow nbcompat.h to be included multiple times in case it's needed
      to override values of set by config.h in bootstrap packages.  This
      should fix problems with building pkg_install and pax on platforms
      that have /usr/include/glob.h.

    * Remove namespace.h, which should be a no-op since we're building
      a userland library separate from the NetBSD sources.

    * Remove HAVE_CONFIG_H checks from sources since we're always going
      to have and and we're always going to be including it.

    * Rename all inclusion guards in nbcompat/*.h to be _NBCOMPAT_*_H_ so
      that it won't get triggered by any settings in system headers.

The tarball of the new bootstrap code is at:

	http://www.netbsd.org/~jlam/bootstrap-kit-20040815.tgz

To test, please fetch the tarball, extract, then do a fresh bootstrap,
e.g.

	ftp http://www.netbsd.org/~jlam/bootstrap-kit-20040815.tgz
	tar zxvf bootstrap-kit-20040815.tgz
	cd bootstrap-kit-20040815/bootstrap
	./bootstrap --prefix=$(pwd)/pkg --sysconfdir=$(pwd)/pkg/etc \
		--pkgdbdir=$(pwd)/.db --ignore-case-check --ignore-user-check

I have tested on the following systems already:

	FreeBSD-4.8/i386
	MacOS X 10.2.8
	NetBSD-1.6.2/i386

I am interested in results for the following platforms:

	FreeBSD-5.x/i386
	IRIX 6.5
	IRIX 5.3
	MacOS X 10.3.4
	Linux
	NetBSD-2.0_BETA
	Solaris 7
	Solaris 8
	Solaris 9

Please let me know the outcome regardless of whether it succeeds or
fails.  If there are any failures, please submit a log of the build.

	Thanks,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>