Subject: libnbcompat-20040814 needs testing
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
Date: 08/15/2004 21:00:17
I've updated pkgtools/libnbcompat to 20040814. Changes from version
* Adding a regex(3) implementation for those platforms that don't
have one, e.g. IRIX 5.3.
* Allow nbcompat.h to be included multiple times in case it's needed
to override values of set by config.h in bootstrap packages. This
should fix problems with building pkg_install and pax on platforms
that have /usr/include/glob.h.
* Remove namespace.h, which should be a no-op since we're building
a userland library separate from the NetBSD sources.
* Remove HAVE_CONFIG_H checks from sources since we're always going
to have and and we're always going to be including it.
* Rename all inclusion guards in nbcompat/*.h to be _NBCOMPAT_*_H_ so
that it won't get triggered by any settings in system headers.
The tarball of the new bootstrap code is at:
To test, please fetch the tarball, extract, then do a fresh bootstrap,
tar zxvf bootstrap-kit-20040815.tgz
./bootstrap --prefix=$(pwd)/pkg --sysconfdir=$(pwd)/pkg/etc \
--pkgdbdir=$(pwd)/.db --ignore-case-check --ignore-user-check
I have tested on the following systems already:
MacOS X 10.2.8
I am interested in results for the following platforms:
MacOS X 10.3.4
Please let me know the outcome regardless of whether it succeeds or
fails. If there are any failures, please submit a log of the build.
-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>