Subject: anyone installed lang/f2c on non-gcc or MIPS machine?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/15/2004 10:36:00
I'm trying to install lang/f2c on a mipseb machine (SGI R4k)  running
IRIX 5.3 using SGI's cc and ld.
In lang/f2c/Makefile as well as in the workdir Makefile (created by
patch-aa) there is an exception handling for ${MACHINE_ARCH} ==
"mipsel".
It looks like they have to be applied for mipseb as well. Has anyone
else compiled that package on a big-endian MIPS machine (such as an
SGI)?
(I would guess with good NetBSD support for DECstations mipsel is just
much more common).

Another problem is that my ld does not understand the -Bsharable option.
I think it needs -shared instead.
Do users of other non-gcc lds have similar problems?

Georg
--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 geos@epost.de     +49 177 8811442