Subject: Re: libtcl84.so.1 Undefined PLT symbol "pthread_*"
To: Simon Gerraty <sjg@juniper.net>
From: Marc Recht <marc@geht.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/10/2004 13:42:43
--==========0AF5FF4CF3FF46B63DBD==========

> I wanted to play with py22-imagingtk, so installed a bunch of binary
> packages from ftp.n.o/ftp/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.6.2/i386
> including tcl-8.4.6nb2, but anything that wants to use it fails with
> pthread_ related symbols missing.
>
> It says it needs /usr/pkg/lib/libpthread.so.20 which is installed from
> pth-2.0.0.tgz but I still get:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/pkg/share/examples/py22-imaging/viewer.py", line 6, in ?
>     from Tkinter import *
>   File "/usr/pkg/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 35, in ?
>     import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for
> Tk ImportError: /usr/pkg/lib/libtcl84.so.1: Undefined PLT symbol
> "pthread_setspecific" (reloc type =3D 7, symnum =3D 1137)
>
> BTW there was an astonishing number of packages that needed to be
> installed/replaced to get this far, (ie. had to pkg_delete -f a bunch
> of pakcages in order to replace them with the newer versions needed by
> other packages), but all recently added packages came from the above
> location.
>
> Clues?

The question is how you get so far. I've set

PYTHON_VERSIONS_ACCEPTED=3D  23pth 22pth 21pth

in x11/py-Tk a while back when all those Tk problems started (read Tk built =

against pthread). Your best bet probably is to go with lang/python23-pth or =

lang/python22-pth.

Cheers,
Marc

--==========0AF5FF4CF3FF46B63DBD==========