Subject: SYSTEM_PREFIX proposal
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: pancake <pancake@phreaker.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/09/2004 18:32:23
I'm thinking about how to maintain and create a full system using pkgsrc. Now i'm working on a Bluewall Linux box, and packaging some system libs to keep debian part as minimal as possible.

My idea is to allow the possibility to install packages using PREFIX=/ and other ones as /usr/pkg (for example). By this way I will be able to install wip/glibc, iptables, etc into the root filesystem instead of /usr/pkg.

This could be defined into every Makefile as USE_SYSTEM_PREFIX=YES or something like that.

pkgdb must be modified to allow this PREFIX tip I think.

What do you think about that?