Subject: Re: working config for sasl + authdaemon
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <othyro@freeshell.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/09/2004 12:18:56
On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 06:45:13AM +0000, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 10:58:01PM -0400, othyro@freeshell.org wrote:
> > Hello again,
> >
> > I got some usable traces from testing authentication. My configuration is
> > still postfix + authdaemond + cyrus-sasl2 in a chroot cage. At:
> >
> > http://othyro.freeshell.org/auth/
> >
> > there are two files. authtrc and authtrs. authtrc is the output of
> > testing smtp auth with pwcheck_method: authdaemond and authtrs is the
> > output of testing smtp auth with pwcheck_method: saslauthd. With both
> > tests, the LOGIN authentication mechanism was used. Use kdump to read
> > these files.
> >
> > For some reason, the files cannot be found to connect to saslauthd and
> > authdaemond, altough they clearly exist.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't read your ktrace output on NetBSD-1.6.2.  I
> also don't understand what is your setup since you don't describe your
> configuration in enough detail.  What did you chroot?  Postfix?  What
> about authdaemond and saslauthd?  Are their socket files readable by
> a chrooted process?  Since authdaemond and saslauthd both require Unix
> domain sockets to communicate, they would both also need to be running
> in the same chroot as the Postfix process so that they could access
> the same socket files.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>

The ktrace was done on NetBSD/alpha 1.6.2. Postfix is chroot'ed. Saslauthd and authdaemond are running in postfix's chroot dir:

$ ls -lR ~postfix/var
total 8
drwx------  2 root  wheel  512 Aug  7 13:45 authdaemon
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  512 Aug  7 12:58 run

/var/spool/postfix/var/authdaemon:
total 8
-rwx------  1 root  wheel  13 Apr 30 12:11 .pkgsrc
-rw-------  1 root  wheel   0 May 13 20:34 lock
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   6 Aug  7 13:45 pid
-rw-------  1 root  wheel   0 Jul 15 02:00 pid.lock
srwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel   0 Aug  7 13:45 socket

/var/spool/postfix/var/run:
total 4
srwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel    0 Jul 15 19:24 egd-pool
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  512 Aug  8 22:36 saslauthd

/var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd:
total 4
srwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel  0 Aug  8 22:36 mux
-rw-------  1 root  wheel  0 Aug  8 22:36 mux.accept
-rw-------  1 root  wheel  6 Aug  8 22:36 saslauthd.pid

I converted the files at http://othyro.freeshell.org/auth to authtrc.txt and authtrs.txt. Any other information/details requested will be posted.

Thanks for your time,