Subject: Re: working config for sasl + authdaemon
To: None <othyro@freeshell.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/09/2004 06:45:13
On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 10:58:01PM -0400, othyro@freeshell.org wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I got some usable traces from testing authentication. My configuration is
> still postfix + authdaemond + cyrus-sasl2 in a chroot cage. At:
>
> http://othyro.freeshell.org/auth/
>
> there are two files. authtrc and authtrs. authtrc is the output of
> testing smtp auth with pwcheck_method: authdaemond and authtrs is the
> output of testing smtp auth with pwcheck_method: saslauthd. With both
> tests, the LOGIN authentication mechanism was used. Use kdump to read
> these files.
>
> For some reason, the files cannot be found to connect to saslauthd and
> authdaemond, altough they clearly exist.

Unfortunately, I can't read your ktrace output on NetBSD-1.6.2.  I
also don't understand what is your setup since you don't describe your
configuration in enough detail.  What did you chroot?  Postfix?  What
about authdaemond and saslauthd?  Are their socket files readable by
a chrooted process?  Since authdaemond and saslauthd both require Unix
domain sockets to communicate, they would both also need to be running
in the same chroot as the Postfix process so that they could access
the same socket files.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>