Subject: libnbcompat-20040809 needs testing
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
Date: 08/09/2004 06:31:41
I've placed a new copy of libnbcompat at:
The changes from version 20040805 include:
* Re-adding a default value for pkg_use_nbcompat_vis; this was
causing the configure script to fail on platforms that had funky
versions of vis(). This should fix reported problems on Solaris 8
and on IRIX 5.3.
* Added setgroupent() and setpassent() compatibility functions so
that pwcache.c will build without complaining about an incompatible
pointer type assignment.
* Cleanup: in cases where we test for a function using AC_REPLACE_FUNCS,
move the function prototype into a nbcompat header that is the
same name as the NetBSD header that contains that declaration,
and include that file in place of the original one within
To fully test this package:
(1) "cvs update" in pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install.
(2) Move your old libnbcompat directory out of the way.
(3) Extract the new tarball into pkgsrc/pkgtools.
(4) cd pkg_install; make build
If you don't have a bootstrapped system in place, you can simply:
(1) Extract the new tarball into a temporary directory, e.g. /tmp.
(2) cd /tmp/libnbcompat/files && ./configure && make
Please test on the following list of platforms if you can:
Red Hat Linux
MacOS X 10.2
MacOS X 10.3
If it fails to build, please let me know and append a log of the build in
-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>