Subject: pkg_install-20040730 problem on Solaris 8
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Ryan Cresawn <cresawn@chass.utoronto.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/06/2004 20:03:57
Today I attempted to bring my NetBSD PC and two Solaris 8 Suns current
with the following commands:

cd /usr/pkgsrc
cvs update -dP
lintpkgsrc -i
... then I run `(b)make update' for each old package ...

This has worked well for the past few weeks until today when trying to
update to `pkg_install-20040730'.  Here are the last twenty lines of
the update prior to its failure:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

# tail -20 typescript
checking for getopt.h... no
checking vis.h usability... no
checking vis.h presence... no
checking for vis.h... no
./configure: test: argument expected
bmake: no target to make.

bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install/work/libnbcompat
*** Error code 2

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install

If there's more information I could provide please let me know and
I'll be happy to do so.  I have the full `bmake update' output and I'd
be happy to share it but didn't think it would be appropriate to
include 7 KB of output to everyone's mailbox.

Ryan