Subject: Testers needed for libnbcompat-20040805
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/05/2004 08:43:17
I've uploaded my latest version of libnbcompat and pkg_install at:

	http://www.netbsd.org/~jlam/libnbcompat-20040805.tgz
	http://www.netbsd.org/~jlam/pkg_install-20040730.tgz

The changes in libnbcompat from the version 20040512 include:

  (1) Add a statvfs() implementation based on statfs(), and remove the
      statfs() NetBSD-compatibility implementation.  statvfs() is used
      in src/usr.sbin/pkg_install on the HEAD branch.

  (2) Add a fnmatch() implementation, needed by IRIX.  fnmatch() is used
      in src/usr.sbin/pkg_install on the HEAD branch.

  (3) Remove fseeko(), inet_ntop(), inet_pton(), sl_*() strptime(), and
      timegm() as they're not used by any of the bootstrap packages that
      require libnbcompat (pax, mtree, pkg_install).  All that's left is
      what's necessary to bootstrap those three packages.

So, basically, it's trimmed down to the minimum needed to bootstrap
and I've added fnmatch() and statvfs().

To test these packages:

 (1) Move your old libnbcompat and pkg_install directories out of the way.
 (2) Extract the new tarballs into pkgsrc/pkgtools.
 (3) cd pkg_install; make build

I'm interested in results for the following platforms:

	IRIX 5.x
	IRIX 6.3
	FreeBSD-5.x
	MacOS X 10.2
	MacOS X 10.3
	NetBSD-2.x
	Solaris 8
	Solaris 9
	Solaris 10

If it fails to build, please let me know and append a log of the build in
your mail.

	Thanks!

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>