Subject: Re: pkgsrc: p5-GD core dumps on sparc32
To: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/03/2004 15:30:22
On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Gert Doering wrote:

>>  	Just a thought - does perl58-thread have the same issue?
>
> Didn't test that yet.  Is using perl58-thread recommended?  Can it be
> installed in parallel to perl58 (never tried that)?

 	Its recommended only if you want threaded perl apps. I had a p5-GD
 	issue (it linked againts freetype which was threaded), which
 	caused GD using perl to break. This was fixed by making the
 	non threaded perl58 link against the threaded libraries.

 	That was on i386. I'd be curious to see if actually using
 	perl58-thread fixes your problem.

 	The other thing to try would be to try disabling various option
 	in gd to see if one of them is the issue.