Subject: pkgsrc: p5-GD core dumps on sparc32
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org, damon@brodiefamily.org>
From: Gert Doering <gert@greenie.muc.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/03/2004 10:34:33
Hi,

I'm not sure whether this is the right forum, or whether this should
go to "port-sparc".  Let's try it here.

I'm trying to compile pkgsrc-current (CVS from 2004/08/01) p5-GD on
NetBSD 2.0G on sparc.

All necessary prerequisites are installed and have passed their respective
"make test".

p5-GD crashes quite ungraceful:

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/pkg/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/GD..........dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 134, 0x86)
        test program seems to have generated a core
DIED. FAILED tests 1-10
        Failed 10/10 tests, 0.00% okay
t/Polyline....dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 134, 0x86)
        test program seems to have generated a core
DIED. FAILED test 1
        Failed 1/1 tests, 0.00% okay
Failed Test  Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
t/GD.t          0   134    10   20 200.00%  1-10
t/Polyline.t    0   134     1    2 200.00%  1

I have no idea how to tackle this - perl core dumps as soon as it tries
to load "GD".  This can be reproduced on the command line:

$ perl -I blib/lib -I blib/arch -MGD -e 'print "yo!\n"';
Abort (core dumped)

prerequisite packages have the following versions:

perl-5.8.4nb1       Practical Extraction and Report Language
jpeg-6bnb1          IJG's jpeg compression utilities
freetype2-2.1.8     Font rendering engine and library API
png-1.2.5nb6        Library for manipulating PNG images
gd-2.0.28           Graphics library for the dynamic creation of images

(as I mentioned, all of them pass their "make test" without problems)

From some other mails on this list, I'm wondering whether I should
"open a PR" on this.  Which is something I've never done, so I could
use some advice - like "can anybody do this?" and "is there some sort
of how-to document to open PRs without stepping on anyone's toes?"
(I've read 'man send-pr').

Thanks!

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/