Subject: pkgsrc under macosx
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Antoine Reilles <Antoine.Reilles@loria.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/26/2004 15:06:41
Hi all,

I'm running pkgsrc under macosx 10.3.4 for a while, but still have got
some problems.

First, mplayer is not easy to install under macosx. I managed to get
mplayer working (and working great).
first, i had to remove some drivers, and disable runtime cpu detection
(not working with ppc, as stated in bsd.mk.defaults.pkg)
MPLAYER_DISABLE_DRIVERS=arts esd nas sdl
MPLAYER_ENABLE_RUNTIME_CPU_DETECTION= NO

I had to remove the sdl driver as i can't build the devel/SDL port with
pkgsrc (a matter of undefined symbols, as i reported in another mail).
But the "vo quartz" and "ao macosx" works pretty well, so for mplayer,
sdl is not important.

The next problem is that mplayer depends from multimedia/libdv (in
pkgsrc, but it's not the case in darwinports or fink, afaik). Since
libdv doesn't build under macosx, i removed the .include
"../../multimedia/libdv/buildlink3.mk" from
multimedia/mplayer-share/Makefile.depends

Then, i can have mplayer working with pkgsrc under macosx

My next problem is with lftp (since it is the best ftp/sftp client
ever).
I can't get lftp working with pkgsrc (but darwinports ok). It compiles
and installs fine (just a little plist problem, preventing make
deinstall to remove /usr/pkg/lib/lftp/ and /usr/pkg/lib/{version} ) but
when i run lftp, i get :
bonzai:~ tonio$ lftp sftp://someserver.someplace.do
dlcompat: dyld: lftp Undefined symbols:
__Z5xfreePv
__Z7xmallocm
__Z7xstrdupPKci
__Z8dir_filePKcS0_
__ZN10FileAccess10DebugPrintEPKcS1_i
__ZN10FileAccess12IsBetterThanEPS_
__ZN10FileAccess12NextSameSiteEPS_
__ZN10FileAccess13BumpEventTimeEl
__ZN10Fil
lftp: sftp - not supported protocol

Amitai Schlair suggested to look at how the darwinports people compile
theyr lftp. So i tried add the options
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-pic --disable-share --enable-static
to net/lftp/Makefile, and bmake update, but unfortunately, the dlcompat
problem is still there, and i don't know what to do more.

I hope these informations can help making pkgsrc run even better under
macosx

Antoine