Subject: Re: *_OPTIONS for package options
To: grant beattie <>
From: Juan RP <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/24/2004 07:27:31

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 15:22:25 +1000
grant beattie <> wrote:

> I really like this concept. I've often wanted to be able to do just
> this :)
> using PKG_OPTIONS=+ sasl etc.. throughout would make
> this more self-consistent and simpler to understand, I think, eg:
> 	# include SASL2 support in packages that support it
> 	PKG_OPTIONS+=	sasl
> 	# include openldap support in packages ...
> 	PKG_OPTIONS+=	openldap
> or something similar. what do you think?

That sounds better than Johnny's suggestion IMO :)

But how do you know which category will use every package? I think that we'll
have to use something like:

	PKG_OPTIONS+=	databases/openldap security/cyrus-sasl2

Right? or perhaps I'm missing a way to make this automatically without
having to specify the category.

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (NetBSD)