Subject: Re: pkgsrc IRIX 6.5/n32 bulk build results 2004-07-20
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/22/2004 09:23:06
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Jan Schaumann wrote to the bulk packages list:

> net/gethost                        reed@reedmedia.net

cc-1515 cc: ERROR File = gethost.c, Line = 116
  A value of type "int" cannot be assigned to an entity of type
          "struct hostent *".

      else h = gethostbyname2(hostname, addrtype);

I don't have an Irix box login (at least as I can remember).

What does "man gethostbyname2" say the type should be? Does it say "int"?

> time/gnutime                       reed@reedmedia.net

http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/netbsd/bulk/IRIX/6.5/n32/20040720.1644/time/gnutime/.broken.jever-branch
indicates the problems may be in your /usr/include/sys/types.h which may
have caused why the quit_signal and interrupt_signal were not defined
correctly. (If I am reading that correctly.)

> x11/xextensions                    reed@reedmedia.net

=> Checksum mismatch for xextensions-1.0.1.tar.bz2.

Can you check for a partial/broken download of
distfiles/xextensions-1.0.1.tar.bz2?

I moved mine and "make checksum" fetched and was fine:

SHA1 (xextensions-1.0.1.tar.bz2) = b44c51e5e4577b6afc0d888c6997d2c756db8f8a
Size (xextensions-1.0.1.tar.bz2) = 100782 bytes

It is dated Jan. 24.

By the way, these files from xlibs project have frequently updated
packages without changing filenames. I didn't see that with
xextensions-1.0.1 though.

By the way, I thought of an idea for bulk emails: include a URL for every
entry.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/