Subject: lang/python20 (or db?) problem
To: None <>
From: Georg Schwarz <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/20/2004 00:06:27
Trying to bmake lang/python20 on IRIX 5.3 I came across the following

db.h nor db_185.h (both installed in ${LOCALBASE}/include/db) were
Adding .include "../../databases/db/" did not help (is it
necessary to do this unconditionally, or should this only be done on
certain platforms?)
In addition, I had to add
CPPFLAGS+= -I${LOCALBASE}/include/db2
Is this a bug in databases/db/
This also made configure recognize I have db_185.h (CFLAGS did not do
for that particular test).
In order to later during compilation make db_185.h found I had to add
CFLAGS+= -I${LOCALBASE}/include/db2
(maybe because I use NO_EXPORT_CPP=YES in my /et/mk.conf?)

lang/python23/Makefile.common uses

# ensure that the bsddb185 module is built on all platforms
USE_DB185=      yes
.include "../../mk/"
Is this something the other python versions should also get?

Furthermore and probably unrelated, I had to add

.include "../../devel/zlib/"

I wonder whether this should or should not be implied by
security/openssl/, which had already been included.

Georg Schwarz     +49 177 8811442