Subject: Re: Problems installing shells/zsh on IRIX 5.3
To: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
From: Staffan =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thom=E9n?= <duck@multi.fi>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/12/2004 09:23:55
On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 23:26:02 +0200
geos@epost.de (Georg Schwarz) wrote:
> The -s makes install-sh try to strip the *.so file. At least on IRIX > 5.=
3 this results in an error, and consequently each such file does not
> get installed unter PREFIX.
> Manually deleting the -s before bmaking install works around the
> problem. I am not exactly sure where the mistake is, and how it could
> best be corrected.=20

Atleast on 6.5, this is because the native strip binary does not allow stri=
pping of libraries without a force flag (AFAIR), adding this to the
proper place in install-sh will make it work. Perhaps something for bootstr=
ap.

 Regards,

--=20
Staffan Thom=E9n
    GPG key: 1024D/94C10F03
Fingerprint: 0410 14F8 3038 25C2 0242  432F 3256 2A84 94C1 0F03