Subject: Re: add VARBASE to FILES_SUBST for rc.d scripts
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/08/2004 09:57:47
On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 12:34:27PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Is it okay if @VARBASE@ is replaced in rc.d scripts and INSTALL/DEINSTALL
> scripts?

Yes, that would be good to have.

> For example, I have wip/isc-dhcpd that provides rc.d script. It now uses
> VARBASE for /var/run and for /var/db/dhcp. (Maybe that should be
> /var/db/isc-dhcp/?) Or should I just always use /var/run/ instead of
> ${VARBASE}/run ??

If we have VARBASE, we might as well use it.

As a side note, I've always assumed from hier(7) that /var/db was for
run-time databases, not persistent ones, and tend to place the
metadata for packages under ${PREFIX} using a PKG_DBDIR setting.

Not that this has anything to do with dhcp...

Regards,
Alistair