Subject: Re: Xfree 4.4.0 libGL vs pkgsrc
To: None <>
From: Aaron J. Grier <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/07/2004 14:14:39
On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 10:37:31AM +0200, Juan RP wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 00:21:02 -0700
> "Aaron J. Grier" <> wrote:
> > what's the magic incantation to get pkgsrc to stop building MesaLib?
> > it's already part of XFree 4.4.0 (as installed with my 2.0_BETA
> > snapshot), and GLX is supported by my video hardware.
> That's true, you can use PREFER_* or USE_BUILTIN.<pkg> vars, e.g:
> And Mesa from XFree86 will be used automagically.

it's case sensitive:

once I figured that out things appear to be working fine, and I now have
accelerated 3D on my Matrox G550.

where is this stuff documented?  Packages.txt doesn't mention

  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
  "someday the industry will have throbbing frontal lobes and will be able
  to write provably correct software.  also, I want a pony." -- Zach Brown