Subject: missing bmake man page (safest way to update bootstrap tools?)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Mark E. Perkins <perkinsm@bway.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/05/2004 07:32:28
Greetings,
Just for giggles, I thought I'd try to build the NetBSD game tree on one of
my Mac OS X (10.3.4) boxes. I have a working set of pkgsrc tools built from
the bootstrap kit of several months ago (before the advent of
pkgsrc/bootstrap), but I'm discovering that I need to know a few things
about bmake and the various *.mk files it uses. One problem here is that
the bootstrap-pkgsrc process did not install the man page for bmake (it's
in the bootstrap tree, just not installed). I can move it by hand, but I'm
also curious about how to update the bootstrap tools in general.

I will send-pr this, but in the mean time, can I just 'bmake some_target'
in pkgsrc/bootstrap/bmake without clobbering any essential parts of my
pkgsrc setup?

Thanks,
Mark