Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/www/firefox
To: None <>
From: Shin'ichiro TAYA <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/04/2004 22:32:52
From: "Jeremy C. Reed" <>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 00:18:53 -0700 (PDT)

> So maybe the pkgsrc install can generate these initial startup files.
> What are the differences between the before running it and after running
> it?
> Maybe make a copy of all files and "diff -pruN" them after.

I tried this before upgrade to 0.9, I found workaround for this and
included in Makefile.

	${CP} -r ${WRKSRC}/dist/bin/defaults/profile/extensions \
	${MV} ${WRKSRC}/dist/bin/extensions/installed-extensions.txt \

But that's not enough.
I couldn't find real solution and blindly add 'run as root' message to

Today, I found compreg.dat should not be shared between firefox and
Running as root is not necessary.
firefox 0.9 creates compreg.dat under user profile directory.
Components of both firefox & firefox-gtk2 are registered in
I will change MESSAGE as follows:

If you have ever run another version of firefox or firefox-gtk2, you
must remove compreg.dat under your firefox profile before you run firefox.

     e.g. rm ~/.mozilla/firefox/*/compreg.dat