Subject: Re: package containing a jar
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/30/2004 13:48:01

Lubomir Sedlacik <> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 02:31:22AM +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
> > Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > > Do we have any specific location into which to install applications
> > > that consist entirely of a jar?
> > >
> > > I install the jar into ${PREFIX}/java/jars and create a shell-script
> > > wrapper to put into ${PREFIX}/bin.  Does that seem reasonable?
> >=20
> > For wip/igowin (a Win32 Go playing program) I had taken the approach
> > to install everything into ${PREFIX}/share/${PKGNAME}. I just don't
> > see why java applications should all go into a directory
> > ${PREFIX}/java/jar, as that is what the name ${PREFIX}/java/jar
> > suggests.

My original thought was that it would be convenient to have all java
applications in one place, but I understand that may not be feasible.

> fwiw, ${PREFIX}/lib{exec,data} sound more appropriate than
> ${PREFIX}/share.

Indeed.  Of course I read this literally 30 seconds after importing the
package.  Oh well, I changed it to use libexec.

My other computer also runs NetBSD!

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)