Subject: Re: [change request] pattern for patch filenames
To: None <john@johnrshannon.com>
From: Roland Illig <roland.illig@gmx.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/29/2004 01:01:55
John R. Shannon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm the maintainer of all the packages you've listed as affected by the
> change. I'm happy to change the patchfile names.
>
> As I understand it, all I have to do is:
>  1) make patch
>  2) delete my patches
>  3) make make-patches
> or am I missing something?

You have to do nothing at all, I think. It's just that the change of
allowed characters will correctly process your patch files. To my
knowledge, it should have not worked before. (?)

When I do "bmake distinfo" in devel/gdb6 using the old pattern
[A-Za-z0-9] the distinfo file is 115 bytes and contains no patches. When
I then change the pattern to be [A-Za-z0-9_] the patches are included.
So I just wonder how you got the patches into the distinfo file.

And, just FYI: Everything I write here are just suggestions. They are
not yet accepted by anyone with CVS write access. I even first expect
some discussion about whether it is useful and how to correct the bugs
in it. (I've found yet another.)

Roland