Subject: Re: Can't build lang/gcc3-c on Solaris9/sparc
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <blsecres@ssdtgsm.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/25/2004 11:40:36
John D. Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
> I did find it odd that libiconv (and libtool) was not among the
> dependencies built subsequent to returning to lang/gcc3-c itself.  I seem
> to recall that they were built as dependencies the last time I did this
> about 6 months ago.

I've encountered this problem on Solaris7/sparc64.  I added:

.include "../../converters/libiconv/buildlink3.mk"

to the end of the Makefile in lang/gcc3-c and was able to bootstrap the new
compiler instead of failing when attempting to link libiconv.  For some
reason, no runtime search path is added to the binary.  I've temporarily
worked around this by making a simlink to my /opt/pkg/lib/libiconv.so.1 in
/usr/lib.  I'll try and track down getting the proper paths added if I get
some free time.
--
Ben Secrest <blsecres@ssdtgsm.com>