Subject: upgrade to native firefox == lose your cache of passwords :-(
To: None <,>
From: George Michaelson <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/25/2004 14:30:28
I think pkgsrc/www/firefox/ needs a MESSAGE box.

I've just found that I've lost my stored password cache.

It may be because a Mozilla recommended (on their website) phase of running
as root to cut over stored configuration info didn't work properly.

Also, my bookmarks import appears to have lost some stuff.

its a nice release, and nobody in Mozilla guarantees its safe to move between
versions, but this is the first really visible stuffup during an upgrade of
mozilla/firefox I've seen in a while.

be warned..

George Michaelson       |  APNIC                 |  See you at APNIC 18
Email:    |  PO Box 2131 Milton    |  Nadi, Fiji
Phone: +61 7 3858 3150  |  QLD 4064 Australia    |  31 Aug -3 Sep 2004
  Fax: +61 7 3858 3199  |  |