Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/www/mozilla
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Love <lha@stacken.kth.se>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/22/2004 10:53:28
--=-=-=

Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 10:41:01AM +0200, Love wrote:
>> So, its not a good idea to apply the patch, rather it should me made sure
>> that code-path are not used, by making sure RES_RETRY_ON_FAILURE is not
>> defined in mozilla/netwerk/dns/src/nsHostResolver.cpp.
>
> Is there no codepath using only officially reentrant API, maybe triggered
> by some other RES_* define?

It might be so, but since gdb doesn't work for me right now I can't
check. However, calling res_ninit(&_res); in a threaded program on netbsd
will always fail, so applying that patch will make mozilla die when it
failes to resolve a address.

Love

: lha@nutcracker ; cat f.c
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <arpa/nameser.h>
#include <resolv.h>

int
main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    res_ninit(&_res);
    return 0;
}
: lha@nutcracker ; gcc -o f f.c
: lha@nutcracker ; ./f
: lha@nutcracker ; gcc -o f f.c -pthread
: lha@nutcracker ; ./f
_res is not supported for multi-threaded programs.
Abort trap (core dumped)

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--