Subject: Re: mk/plugins.buildlink3.mk (useful for gecko based browser plugins)
To: Juan RP <juan@netbsd.graffitipr.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/18/2004 23:16:16
On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, Juan RP wrote:

> What do you think about this? I'm using it locally to use
> multimedia/moz-mplayer with firefox-gtk2.

1) Maybe the name should be more specific than just plugins. The plugins
(I believe) are Netscape-style plugins.

http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2002/gecko-plugins/

2) And Opera browsers support (most of) the same plugins too. And probably
our navigator and netscape packages would support some of these too.

So more than just mozilla-gtk2, mozilla, firefox-gtk2, and firefox should
be choices.

3) Before when I was installing multiple browsers and multiple plugins, I
had them all install to same directory and I successfully used symlinks to
the directories for the different browsers.

4) Also, it seems like it needs some intelligence about "native" plugins
versus Linux plugins.

> -DEPENDS+=      mozilla>=0.9.9:../../www/mozilla
> +#DEPENDS+=     mozilla>=0.9.9:../../www/mozilla

That is good.

Thanks for working on this.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links