Subject: Re: mk/ (useful for gecko based browser plugins)
To: Juan RP <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/18/2004 23:16:16
On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, Juan RP wrote:

> What do you think about this? I'm using it locally to use
> multimedia/moz-mplayer with firefox-gtk2.

1) Maybe the name should be more specific than just plugins. The plugins
(I believe) are Netscape-style plugins.

2) And Opera browsers support (most of) the same plugins too. And probably
our navigator and netscape packages would support some of these too.

So more than just mozilla-gtk2, mozilla, firefox-gtk2, and firefox should
be choices.

3) Before when I was installing multiple browsers and multiple plugins, I
had them all install to same directory and I successfully used symlinks to
the directories for the different browsers.

4) Also, it seems like it needs some intelligence about "native" plugins
versus Linux plugins.

> -DEPENDS+=      mozilla>=0.9.9:../../www/mozilla
> +#DEPENDS+=     mozilla>=0.9.9:../../www/mozilla

That is good.

Thanks for working on this.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links