Subject: Re: p5-Digest-MD5 build error
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Ja'far Railton <zen25058@zen.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/18/2004 00:11:48
On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 23:44:46 +0200 Klaus Heinz
<k.heinz.jun.vier@onlinehome.de> wrote:

> You don't need this variable, everything should work without it. But
> as I cannot repeat your problem on 1.6.2 I wondered wether you had
> set this variable which changes the directory where the packages are
> built.

OK. That's what I thought .

> Did you update pkgsrc selectively (which is not supported) instead of
> a complete update of /usr/pkgsrc/? Did you "make clean" in
> security/p5-Digest-MD5?

Well I started with the stable pkgsrc.tgz and mostly updated it with cvs
-q update -dP. I don't really know if this is the proper way - I
was never sure if this was giving me a -current pkgsrc rather than stable. In the latter days I may have tried to update spamassassin and then p5-Digest-MD5 selectively. I have done 'make clean' and also 'make clean-update' for the whole directory on different occasions. Everything started going wrong after a pkg_chk -u after which spamassassin disappeared...

> If nothing else helps I suggest to start with
> a fresh copy of pkgsrc.

That's what I've done now. I deleted pkgsrc and did cvs checkout -P
pkgsrc. Then I did cvs -r update pkgsrc-2004Q1 -P (I think it was). It
might not be the easiest way of getting the stable branch but I was
going by what I'd come accross in the "build strategy" thread on this list.

Thanks for your help.

--
Ja'far