Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/p5-Test-Harness
To: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/14/2004 00:48:50
On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, grant beattie wrote:

> I wonder what the proper solution is here... anyone?

The problem is that all the packages are recursively marked as
broken when devel/p5-Test-Harness fails to build (even tough they
don't need it), so fixing the build of devel/p5-Test-Harness
will make the problem go away...

One other work-around is to prevent the bulk build from adding the
spurious dependency.  This should be possible by hiding the
DEPENDS line (in p5-Test-Harness/depends.mk) by something like

   .if perl-version < 5.8.3
   DEPENDS+=       ....
   .endif

but I don't know enough of the infrastructure to know if this is
easy to do...

   /Krister