Subject: Re: Removing obsolete packages
To: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/13/2004 10:38:45
--jy6Sn24JjFx/iggw

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 12:16:55AM +0200, Krister Walfridsson wrote:

> x11/lesstif12
>   This package is only used by www/Mosaic, it's huge, and not
>   maintained. OpenMotif lately supports most programs written
>   for Motif1.2 anyhow.

Krister,

this package was removed while there are still a number of references
to it, namely motif.buildlink3.mk and many of the defs.OPSYS.mk files.

I don't know much about the different motif implementations - is pkgsrc
support for motif 1.2 gone now? is 2.0 fully backward compatible for
apps which need it? should all motif 1.2 pkg references be changed to
something else?

another option is to bring back x11/lesstif12 until this is sorted out
(I'm concerned about breakage on the branch due to the missing pkg).

comments?

grant.

--jy6Sn24JjFx/iggw

--jy6Sn24JjFx/iggw--