Subject: how to keep RPATH from being stripped?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/10/2004 23:02:19
I am working on packaging kino.

Its configure fails because libXext can't find libX11. I had mentioned in
previous emails how under Linux it is normal for some X libraries to be
built without rpath information.

So I am trying to add the rpath to the configure.

But buildlink3 system strips it out as I can see in the work.log.

The buildlink3 system does not strip out the my
-Wl,-R/usr/gcc3/lib/gcc-lib/i386-pc-linux/3.3.3 rpath.

How can I get my -Wl,-R/usr/X11R6/lib to not get stripped out?

I tried BUILDLINK_PASSTHRU_RPATHDIRS+=  ${X11BASE}/lib
but it doesn't seem like _BLNK_PASSTHRU_RPATHDIRS is ever set.

How does my gcc3 libs rpath not getting stripped out?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/