Subject: Re: Processor types and uname data on AIX (proposed change)
To: Ingolf Steinbach <Ingolf.Steinbach@jena-optronik.de>
From: Peter Schmiedeskamp <pschmied@yahoo.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/10/2004 07:35:24
Hmm... It would appear that you are correct in regard
to bootinfo.  We had a thread a few weeks ago where I
proposed a patch that called uname for AIX 5x and
bootinfo for 4.x.  It would appear that even this is
inadequate because 4.3 seems to have slipped through
the cracks.

Would anyone involved with AIX care to comment?  It
seems that what we have now is the worst situation
(packages build, but will only install on the machine
that built them).  Bootinfo is unsupported. Uname
behaves differently on AIX 4x and 5x. T

--- Ingolf Steinbach