Subject: Re: KDE 3.2.3 (was: Re: [ CVS commit: pkgsrc/doc])
To: Ingolf Steinbach <>
From: Alistair Crooks <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/10/2004 09:20:12
On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 09:48:19AM +0200, Ingolf Steinbach wrote:
> Hi,
> Alistair Crooks wrote:
> [freeze for the pkgsrc-2004Q2 branch]
> looking at the bugs fixed in KDE 3.2.3 (according to
> ) suggests that it might be desirable to update the KDE
> packages to this release.
> Would it be acceptible to do this update while pkgsrc is
> frozen (because it is a bugfix update)? Or is the freeze only
> for fixing pkgsrc infrastructure problems?

The freeze is for shaking out bugs in general, and preparing for a
solid, stable branch which can be used by people.  I have only glanced
at the page you reference, but the kdelibs bug fixes would seem to be
desirable, as well as kdenetwork, and the IRIX portability fixes would
be appealing to some people too, I expect (Hi, Jan!).
> If the update needs to be delayed: would it be acceptible
> to update the KDE packages in the pkgsrc-2004Q2 branch later?

Personally, if fixes are going to be committed, I'd prefer to get them
in sooner rather than later.  However, it's easy for me to say that,
since I'm not the maintainer, and I'm not the guy who has to do all
the work.