Subject: Re: graphics/gd with/without X11 support.
To: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/10/2004 10:08:06
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 09:51:58 +0200
Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org> wrote:

> I created this gd.mk to not touch the buildlink3.mk and modify the original
> package (just disabling xpm/USE_X11), but I vote for removing X11 support
> from the current gd package and create a new one gd-x11 as you said.
>
> We need gd without x11 support, and this needs to be fixed just after the
> freeze.
>
> Ok, so I'll change it to use GD_USE_X11 and putting it into the buildlink3.

Wait and see if anybody really wants xpm support in gd ;)  If nobody speaks
up (ask the maintainer too) until the freeze finishes, simply remove its
support and don't bother to add a new package; it will make things much
simpler.  (If anybody ever needs it in the future, he can send-pr).

Cheers

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>