Subject: Re: (new mk for packages using
To: grant beattie <>
From: Juan RP <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/10/2004 09:25:36

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:17:24 +1000
grant beattie <> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 07:45:06AM +0200, Juan RP wrote:
> > I just finished "" for pkgsrc, it's based on the file
> > pkgsrc/mk/ by Johnny C. Lam.
> >
> > And this file will be useful for packages requiring
> > mysql*-client/postgresql*-lib, because actually we cannot install
> > databases/php4-pgsql with postgresql74-lib (the newest branch) without
> > editing
> > the Makefile and changing the include.
> cool, sounds good. it might be neater to have the implementations as
> values, not variables, eg. USE_DB="mysql postgresql" and also to
> provide them on a per-pkg basis.

I don't see any improvement of using values rather than variables, but I could

Providing per-pkg basis sounds really cool, but [1].
> eg. I want mail/exim3 built with mysql support but php4 with both
> mysql and postgresql support. something like USE_DB.exim3="mysql"
> might make sense in this context.

Hmm, but we have php4 splitted in small packages, so you cannot install
php4 with mysql/pgsql unless you go to the directory and install it one by one.

[1] Actually we cannot have two mysql*/pgsql* installed, because they
      install the same files into the same directories, this could be fixed
      renaming the packages to use ${PKGBASE} instead of ${DISTNAME}.

	Juan RP <>

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (NetBSD)