Subject: Re: databases.mk (new mk for packages using mysql*-client/postgresql*-lib)
To: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/10/2004 17:17:24
--SO98HVl1bnMOfKZd

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 07:45:06AM +0200, Juan RP wrote:

> I just finished "databases.mk" for pkgsrc, it's based on the file
> pkgsrc/mk/krb5.buildlink3.mk by Johnny C. Lam.
>=20
> And this file will be useful for packages requiring
> mysql*-client/postgresql*-lib, because actually we cannot install
> databases/php4-pgsql with postgresql74-lib (the newest branch) without ed=
iting
> the Makefile and changing the include.

cool, sounds good. it might be neater to have the implementations as
values, not variables, eg. USE_DB=3D"mysql postgresql" and also to
provide them on a per-pkg basis.

eg. I want mail/exim3 built with mysql support but php4 with both
mysql and postgresql support. something like USE_DB.exim3=3D"mysql"
might make sense in this context.

any other thoughts?

grant.

--SO98HVl1bnMOfKZd