Subject: devel/boost going to 1.31.0, and more
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/06/2004 00:23:58
Tomorrow (Sunday) I plan to update devel/boost to 1.31.0, with two split out
subpackages (boost-thread and boost-python).  This update will actually
build the shared and static libs backing some of the Boost libraries (such
as date_time, test, and regex), and make use of boost 1.31.x's somewhat
improved build and install system via "bjam", Boost's modified version of
Perforce Jam.

It is being tested with gcc 3.3.3, but should work fine on gcc 3.2, gcc 3.4,
MIPSpro, and SunPro compilers as well (according to the docs).  So,
devel/boost should actually become fully usable.  I hope.  8-)

Only one package seems to use devel/boost currently: wip/kahakai, which
isn't even complete as of this writing.  However, I plan to try fixing up
and building that package with the boost-python subpackage as a sanity
check.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>