Subject: Re: print/teTeX workaround for Solaris 9/sparc
To: None <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/06/2004 04:32:01
My apologies for delayed responding.

> Specifically, the targets for pdftex and pdfetex link against
> libgcc.<suffix> twice, ignoring the dependency (reported by the link step
> when it failed) on libgcc_s.so.  So, I changed the second occurrance of
> '-lgcc' to '-lgcc_s' and it succeeded.

> Ideally, the above modifications need to be regressed back to the pre-
> configuration patch phase, but that's a bit beyond me at this time.
>
> Hope this helps someone else who finds themselves in a similar predicament.

Thank you for your investigating.

.../share/mk/bsd.prog.mk which is installed by bootstrap (I
guess) before revision 1.198 had a line '-lgcc -lc -lgcc'.
It might be a source of trouble.

Installing newer share/mk directory (always back up old one,
of cource) as well as some needed binary perhaps make, grep,
sed, etc. and please let me if it changes some, if you have
a chance.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>