Subject: Re: Removing MASTER_SITE_* from bsd.pkg.mk (bsd.sites.mk)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/04/2004 15:47:37
--FEz7ebHBGB6b2e8X

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 09:47:59AM -0400, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org> wrote:
> >=20
> > I want to add a new file with all MASTER_SITE_* definitions called
> > "bsd.sites.mk" and remove them from bsd.pkg.mk.=20
> >=20
> > Is there any objection about this?
>=20
> No objection, just a question:  is this a ``let's clean up
> bsd.pkg.mk'' action or is there some other benefit?

http://www.netbsd.org/~jlam/pkgsrcCon/pC04-R1.pdf, page 7

bsd.pkg.mk is hard to read

o Gargantuan bsd.pkg.mk is hard to read, understand and maintain

  - Split out utility targets & definitions into separate files
  - Split out targets & definitions specific to each build phase into own
    files: bsd.fetch.mk, bsd.extract.mk, bsd.patch.mk, etc.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --

--FEz7ebHBGB6b2e8X