Subject: working config for sasl + authdaemon
To: None <cyrus-sasl@lists.andrew.cmu.edu>
From: None <othyro@freeshell.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/04/2004 02:36:31
Hi,

I've reviewed the list and just about everything on the net concerning sasl + anything for almost a year now in my spare time. I have not found any configuration that does what I want to do. I have postfix running in a chroot cage (and I have no desire to change that), authdaemond in /var/spool/postfix/var/run/authdaemon/socket, and also saslauthd in /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd/mux. I have heard that saslauthd can only do plaintext logins and cannot authenticate against /etc/passwd. I am very grateful that Courier's authdaemond support was written into cyrus-sasl.

The system is NetBSD/alpha 1.6.2. I was hoping someone could post a working config (smtpd.conf) of authdaemond + sasl. I have smtps, imaps, and pop3s running as well. I'll post any config file desired, although I've tested many configurations and got all the errors I've ever found on the web.

Thanks very much,

--tr