Subject: Re: pkg/25753: looking for testers for qt3-libs and buildlink3/pkgviews
To: Joachim Kuebart <kuebart@mathematik.uni-ulm.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/03/2004 13:23:25
On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Joachim Kuebart wrote:

> I submitted a patch for x11/qt3-libs on Sunday in PR pkg/25753 to make it
> buildlink3 and pkgviews ready. Unfortunately, this patch was incomplete and
> lead to problems. I hope to have fixed these problems now and it would be
> nice if people with and without pkgviews on their system could try building
> qt3-libs and maybe check some packages depending on it just to make sure
> there aren't more pitfalls lurking.

Just to clarify: you must patch your pkgsrc/x11/qt3-libs first.

Anyways, I tested this buildlink3 and it worked for me under Linux and
under NetBSD.

It already partially worked for me under Linux using LOCALBASE as /usr.
But my problem was that some libraries couldn't see some X11R6 shared
libraries used by them. This improved patch fixes it for me.

Under NetBSD, I was able to build qt3-tools (also using USE_BUILDLINK3=yes
and .include "../../x11/qt3-libs/buildlink3.mk"), lyx-qt and wip/qhacc.
(It appears that qt3-libs is not buildlinked for lyx-qt though.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/