Subject: Re: port-specific CFLAG
To: Joachim Kuebart <kuebart@mathematik.uni-ulm.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/28/2004 17:24:40
On Sat, 29 May 2004, Joachim Kuebart wrote:

> I noticed that the freetype2 package dumps core on alpha when used from
> xpdf and compiled with -O2. With -O1, it works pretty well. Is there any
> way to record this discovery in the package Makefile for future users?

mk/bsd.pkg.mk allows some variables to be set on a per-OS basis.
These include CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS and LIBS.

# Allow variables to be set on a per-OS basis
OPSYSVARS+=     CFLAGS CPPFLAGS LDFLAGS LIBS
.for _var_ in ${OPSYSVARS:O}
.  if defined(${_var_}.${OPSYS})
${_var_}+=      ${${_var_}.${OPSYS}}
.  elif defined(${_var_}.*)
.  endif
.endfor

For example: LIBS.${OPSYS} or LDFLAGS.${OPSYS}. See
graphics/imlib2/Makefile and converters/mpack/Makefile for examples.

Maybe we can do the same thing for setting variables on a per-architecture
basis.

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/