Subject: Re: slib and packaging gnucash-gnome2-dev
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/27/2004 13:04:31
On 27 May 2004, Greg Troxel wrote:

> The hard part is choosing whether to swing everything over to guile
> (16, vs 14) in pkgsrc, and what problems that raises.  One strategy is
> to move guile-slib to guile14-slib, and add guile-slib (I can send you
> bits for the latter).

Yes, please share a new guile-slib that uses lang/guile instead of old
1.4.

I am trying to build latest gnucash-gnome2-dev so I bet it would work with
more recent guile.

Also, I agree we should move to new guile for the packages using old
version as applicable.

> also just make the symlink and generate the catalog file (or copy it
> and bash the paths).

I don't understand this too much. I am not sure what the catalog file even
is or how to generate correctly. I'd prefer to try your new package and do
it the correct way.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/