Subject: Re: buildlink3 now requires libgcrypt 1.2.0 or higher
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/26/2004 18:16:41
On Thu, 27 May 2004, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> > Is it okay if I add a PKGREVISION to opencdk and increase
> > opencdk/buildlink3.mk like the following?
> > BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.opencdk+=     opencdk>=0.5.4nb1
>
> Yes. And similar things should be done for all of:

I did opencdk, but I don't have the time now to check the rest and to
test the rest.

For example, I don't know which of these would be broken if built against
new libgcrypt and installed and ran with old libgcrypt (or visa versa).

I do see that the security/gnutls needs to be bumped. (I was able to
install -- using binary packages -- old gnutls with new libgcrypt and it
referenced wrong library.)

Also, evolution needs it too:
-sh-2.05b# ldd /usr/bin/evolution-1.4  | grep gcrypt
        libgcrypt.so.11 => not found
        libgcrypt.so.11 => not found
        libgcrypt.so.11 => not found
        libgcrypt.so.11 => not found

(Looking at /usr/bin/evolution-1.4 with vim and objdump, it is only
referenced once though, so at least three other libraries are broken too.)

> chat/bitlbee
> chat/gaim
> chat/gossip
> chat/loudmouth
> databases/gramps
> devel/libgail-gnome
> emulators/fuse
> emulators/fuse-utils
> emulators/libspectrum
> inputmethod/imhangul_status_applet
> mail/balsa2
> mail/evolution
> mail/evolution-data-server
> mail/wmbiff
> meta-pkgs/gnome
> meta-pkgs/gnome-accessibility
> meta-pkgs/gnome-base
> meta-pkgs/gnome-extras
> misc/gnome2-utils
> net/gnome-netstatus
> net/libsoup
> net/libsoup-devel
> net/tsclient
> security/gnutls
> security/gsasl
> security/libksba
> security/opencdk
> security/py-gnutls
> textproc/py-gdick
> time/gtodo-applet
> www/gtkhtml3
> www/thy
> x11/gnome-panel
> x11/gnome2-applets
> x11/py-gnome2
>
> That's from "make show-deps PKG=libgcrypt" in /usr/pkgsrc.

I didn't know about that. Oh ... I don't have an index.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/