Subject: Re: user/group news?
To: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/22/2004 18:28:35
On Sat, 22 May 2004 18:17:57 +0200 (CEST)
Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de> wrote:

> > Would that be useful?  Do we want/need other packages to use the same
> > user?  I would assume that the necessity of creating a user for a
> > specific package indicates that that user requires special permissions
> > that no other user should have.
>
> unless of course there is a need for sharing access permissions among
> some packages.

So you make the variables in these different packages point to the same
user/group through mk.conf, if their defaults do not permit sharing of
files.

(Or, if the packages are very related, you force them to use the same
user/group when creating the package, as exim does IIRC).

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>